Child-Care Program at PresAID provides a long-term opportunity to make a difference in the life of a Ugandan child who otherwise might not have the opportunity for a quality education and a place to call home. The program’s current focus is in the area of sponsoring children at different church schools, where you can decide to sponsor a needy boy or girl in an age category of your choice on a monthly/yearly basis.
To better understand how this program works, please review the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does it cost to sponsor a child?
A regular commitment of $30 a month, or $360 a year, which lasts for the duration of their school education.
2. How can I pay for my sponsorship?
You can sign up for automatic monthly payments through PayPal, but if you prefer to pay your monthly payments via Credit Card, Standing Order or Direct Debit. Contact our office to arrange these payments.
3. How much of my donations go to the child I am sponsoring?
PresAID is compliant with non-profit standards, sending approximately 90% of child sponsorship donations directly to field operations for program services. The remaining 10% contributes to program costs such as: producing information packs, courier costs, printing child update photos and coordinating sponsorship letters.
4. What if I am not able to make a payment?
While it is important to understand that your commitment allows PresAID to fulfill its commitment to the children, if you are experiencing financial challenges please contact our office.
5. How does my child benefit from my support?
Your financial support will help your child achieve a better life and a better future; it pays for their school fees, supplies, uniforms and most importantly daily meals. Your child will be uplifted by your encouragement, love, and prayers.
6. Will I be able to correspond with my child?
You can expect a letter from your child at least 2 times a year. A teacher or one of our social workers here will help a younger child who has not yet learned to write, or could receive a lovely drawing in lieu of a written letter. We encourage you to write to your sponsored child. More information about how to write to your child will be sent to you once you become a sponsor.
Your letters are treasured by the children. It is very special to them that someone they have never met loves them enough to provide a future for them. The children love to hear about your family and friends, your daily activities, the foods you eat, the types of animals in your area, and the seasons in your part of the world. All letters are directed through our office. We do our best to ensure the privacy and safety of both our children and sponsors.
7. Can I continue corresponding with my child after I no longer sponsor them?
No. At this time PresAID only accommodates letters between sponsored children and their current sponsors.
8. Can I send gifts to my child?
No. Due to the high costs of shipping, complex customs and border regulations in Uganda, and fairness to all our children, PresAID does not allow gifts. However, at Easter and Christmas, you will be given the opportunity to donate towards a special gift for your child that will be purchased in their country; this has the added benefit of being an investment into their country’s economy. Examples include: towels, school supplies, a mattress, etc. Please refrain from sending your sponsored child money or birthday gifts.